avoiding unexpectedly deleting flagged messages with 'flag-message' command

I come up with an idea that seems to me so basic that i prefer to ask first,
because maybe it was a design decission based on who_knows_what.

Ocassionally i flag as importante some message with the 'flag-message' command
(key 'F' in my configuration) and i would like those messages to remain
imposible to delete until i turn off the flag.

The rationale is that there is too much newbie in some lists that reply to some
mail to create a complet different thread, and do that to avoid "creating a new
mail".

You can tell the newbies not to do that, but then another newbie comes. So
that's not a solution.

So suppose you have some interesant thread with some mail flagged in your box
and then appears one completely unrelated with subject changed but *in* the same
thread according to messages ids, and then you decide thread (new thread you
think) it's not interesting and delete it all (CTRL-D in my conf).

There is no way to avoid deleting the messages you flagged until is too late.

So, would it be nice to have this add-on in behaviour of 'flag-message' command?
It's possible?
Has been discussed already and have found non-useless? Why?

--
Fernando Canizo - http://www.lugmen.org.ar/~conan/
mathematician, n.: