Re: Folder name as a variable to use in mutt?

On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 06:47:39PM +1000, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> On 16:06 11 Jun 2004, Chris Green <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> | Is there any way to access the name of the current folder when reading
> | mail with mutt?  It would be very useful (to me anyway) to be able to
> | refer to it from macros/commands.
> |
> | In particular I'd like to be able to create a custom header with the
> | folder name in it when forwarding mail.  Alternatively being able to
> | execute a shell command with the folder name as a parameter would do
> | the job too.
>
> I have a crude workaround. I invoke mutt from a script called "+" and
> have it set and export a variable naming the folder. Of course, this is
> no good if you change folders from within mutt, which most people do. I
> do not, so this works for me.

No, I have quite a complex hierarchy of 'current' mail, what I want to
be able to do is, while I'm navigating around the mail, select and
send some mails off to somewhere else to keep my 'current' mail a
manageable size.  I want the 'somewhere else' to have the same
hierarchy as my current mail, hence wanting to know where I'm saving
the mail from.

--
Chris Green (chris@xxxxxxxxxxx)