Re: Recovering for broken imap sessions

On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 03:07:01PM EDT, Bill Moseley wrote:

> Every once in a while my wireless quits working.  If my connection
> fails when I'm composing a message and I don't notice then when I hit
> "y" to send the message Mutt will say "Sending message..." (or some such
> thing) and hang.

Hmm ... I wonder if I should extend my imapproxy to handle lost
connections between it and the server. . .

> I can get my wireless connection back up and then use mutt in another
> window.  But, I can't seem to get Mutt to realize that the connection is
> back up and reconnect to the imap server.

Mutt doesn't know how to reconnect to an IMAP server.  Once you've lost
your connection, your session's history (including any changes you've
made to the mailbox since your last sync).

> Any tricks to make mutt give up on the existing connection and start a
> new one?

Well, you can start out with my imapproxy [1], and modify it to cache
authentication info and reconnect when it notices a dead connection.

 - Dave

[1]
http://www.bigfatdave.com/dave/src/imapproxy/
http://www.bigfatdave.com/dave/src/imapproxy.tgz