Re: Again: Outlook Patch

Andre Bonhote wrote:
> Now, I don't want to make life hell for my fellow outlook user friends
> sending them PGP/MIME mails. They just CANT handle it. According to
> google, there's a patch which introduces a variable called
> "pgp_outlook_compat". I found the patch, but it belongs to a fairly old
> version of mutt (1.3.x).
>
> Anyone uses a newer patch? Currently, I have 1.4.1 installed and I
> wouldn't mind to update to a more recent version.

Take a look at Dale Woolridge's patch[1].  It enables mutt 1.4 to send
traditional pgp sigs using a text/plain content-type instead of the
application/pgp content-type.  The pgp menu patch adds some text to
the pgp menu making it clear when you're sending PGP/MIME or inline
style messages.

Alternatively, you could use mutt 1.5 which uses text/plain for
traditional (inline) pgp/gpg messages by default.

[1] http://www.woolridge.org/mutt/ (note: his site wasn't working just
now when I tried it, I hope that's only temporary.)

Government of man by man in every form is oppression.
    -- Pierre Joseph