Re: semi-OT: making mozilla open mutt when i click a mailto: link

David T-G wrote:
> I've seen this go by before but now can't put together the right
> search terms for it.

mozilla mailto config gives plenty of hits.  mozilla mailto pref seems
even better.

> Does anyone know what I must set in my Mozilla prefs to have it open
> an xterm with mutt rather than Moz Composer when I click on a
> mailto: link?

One of the links (http://my.gnus.org/node/view/254) suggests the
following preferences:

network.protocol-handler.external.mailto = True
network.protocol-handler.app.mailto = script-to-launch-mutt

There's an entry in mozilla's bugzilla on using other mail clients
with mozilla.  It's #11459.

I should note that I haven't tried any of these things as I'm not
using mozilla directly (though I am taking advantage of gecko).

HTH,

Statistics are like a lamp-post to a drunken man - more for leaning on
than illumination.