Re: mutt and vim

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 03:28:45PM +1030, Wilkinson, Alex wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My default editor when using Mutt 1.5.6i is vim.
>
> Question: Is it possible to configure vim to be only 80 characters
>           wide *only* when mutt exec's it ?
>
> The reason being, to avoid overly long lines that do not wrap correctly.
>
> Regards
>
>  - Alex

My .muttrc has the following line:

set editor="/usr/bin/vim -c 'set tw=72 et ft=mail'"

The 'set tw=72' sets the text width.  This means setting your editor in
your .muttrc, but I've come to appreciate that in my setup, so my editor
doesn't change without my permission.

Nate

--
     " And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes;
      and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor

Nathan J. Malmberg <malmberg2.5@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  GNUPG ID: 8A9B426E
The attachment is a digital signature.  Get my key at subkeys.pgp.net.