Re: newbie questions: remote pop3, smtp (no MTA at current machine)

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 05:32:59PM +0100, Ren? Clerc wrote:
> * Efes <yahoogroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [26-01-2004 17:13]:
>
> > Please help me, I'm newbie. I have no MTA at current machine and I'd like
> > to use
> > mutt to get messages from remote pop3 mailbox and to send new messages via
> > remote smtp. Give me please some simple example of /home/user/.muttrc file
> > in
> > order to do this.
>
> For POP, see section 4.10 of the manual
> For SMTP, you will need some program that talks smtp, see the last
> section of http://www.mutt.org/links.html

Good noob MTA for SMTP: nullmailer.  You can graduate to the bigger MTAs
later.  I am using it and so far, so good.  I use a single SMTP
smarthost at my ISP (smtp.myisp.com).

In debian I did:
apt-get install mutt (which brings in exim)
apt-get install nullmailer (which kicks exim out)