Re: GPG: Encrypting messages truncates trailing whitespace

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 10:41:33PM EST, debianuser wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In testing encrypting and signing messages to my key, I've been having
> some problems, where the trailing space in my signature delimiter "-- "
> is truncated when I encrypt (only) messages.  Strangely enough, this
> does not occur when I encrypt and sign messages.  I started at the
> gnupg-users list to determine if the problem were with gpg, and after
> running some tests, I believe the issue to be related to Mutt.  I'm
> forwarding my best guess for what's going wrong; I'm wondering if Mutt
> isn't protecting the trailing whitespaces with quoted-printable encoding
> before encrypting with the --textmode flag, which I presume is there for
> a reason, and don't wish to remove.  Of course, the problem could be
> something entirely different.
>
> If there is anything I can send or do to help nail down the source of
> this issue, please let me know!

I hope you don't mind that I forwarded your message to the mutt-dev list.
Somebody there is more likely to be able to help you.  (If you've got the
energy, you can grep the source yourself to figure out what's going on.
It'll probably take a lot less time than waiting for an answer.)

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel