maildir structure and change dir

Noob here.  3 days.  Started email with M$ 10y. Then KMail 2y. Now Mutt 3d. If I
need to adjust my thinking, just slap me.

I am using:
pop3->getmail->procmail->Maildir<-mutt

What? No spamassasin? Yeah, that's next.

I am using Maildir:
set folder=~/Maildir
set mbox_type=Maildir

I am having some trouble with change directory.

Here's a rundown of what I have:

mailboxes /home/knoppix/Maildir/timecards
mailboxes /home/knoppix/Maildir/IN-testing
mailboxes /home/knoppix/Maildir/ML.trilug
mailboxes /home/knoppix/Maildir/ML.debian-user
mailboxes /home/knoppix/Maildir/ML.debian-laptop
mailboxes /home/knoppix/Maildir/ML.docbook-apps
mailboxes /home/knoppix/Maildir/ML.newyorktimes
mailboxes /home/knoppix/Maildir/ML.lksctp
mailboxes /home/knoppix/Maildir/sent
mailboxes /home/knoppix/Maildir/xyg
mailboxes /home/knoppix/Maildir/xyg/product
mailboxes /home/knoppix/Maildir/xyg/client
mailboxes /home/knoppix/Maildir/xyg/client/timecards
mailboxes /home/knoppix/Maildir/xyg/client/smith
mailboxes /home/knoppix/Maildir/xyg/windriver
mailboxes /home/knoppix/Maildir/xyg/ccpu
mailboxes /home/knoppix/Maildir/linux-support
mailboxes /home/knoppix/mbox

When I 'c' and TAB I get a list of what's above that's one down from
Maildir. I also get the cur, tmp, and new dir off Maildir.

I select 'xyg/' and I get list of client/ and product/

I select client/ and I see two messages which is correct for my system
right now.  What I don't see is the subdirectories timecards/ and
smith/ even though they exist.

I select 'c' and TAB and I am back here:
-- Mutt: Directory [=xyg], File mask: !^\.[^.]
if I press TAB I see a list of top level directories off Mailboxes

If I select one of the top top level directories, go here, as expected:
-*-Mutt: =linux-support [Msgs:5 Old:1
27K]---(threads/date)-------------(all)---

Then I press 'c' and TAB and I'm back here:
-- Mutt: Directory [=xyg], File mask: !^\.[^.]

I seem to be stuck in ~/Maildir/xyg but hitting TAB gets me back to the
Maildir level.

I can manage but things seem a bit out of whack.  I don't know if I've
set up my Maildirs poorly or if I am not navigating correctly or am
thinking about the problem incorrectly.

Apologies for long description.

Thanks,
Mike