Re: save-hooks and mailinglists

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 04:28:30PM +0100, Aron Stansvik wrote:
> Isn't this a feature that might be interesting? The ability to save
> tagged messages, while still honoring save-hooks on a per message basis?

I've got a question which seems somewhat like you are asking for.  For most
lists, including mutt-users, saving to _one_ file serves me well enough, but
for some lists, e.g., netbsd-* where I have literally thousands of messages
archived according to topic, I want mutt to present me with a directory/
string that I could immediately type in the file name.  [For example, a
message comes in to a particular mailing list (want to save any of these
to a certain directory regardless of the topic) which has some great info
on the scsi bus (so I want to save it to the file scsi-bus).  After hitting
's', or ';s' for tagged messages, I want mutt to present me with "directory/"
and allow me to type in "scsi-bus" without hitting any other key.]

My present workaround is to use a directive in my privmutt.rc:
save-hook '~h "netbsd98-users@the\.list\.address\.ac\.jp"' '~/.netbsd/pc98/z'.
Then all I have to do is 's', [BackSpace], and type in the file name.  If
I don't do it that way, and immediately start typing in the file name, then
the path is erased and mutt puts the file in the default mailbox directory.

Anyone understand what I want to do (get away from that [BS] cludge to erase
the trailing z) and have some ideas how it can be done?  TIA

henry nelson