Re: Convert pine's addressbook to mutt's aliases format

* Michael Velten (michael@xxxxxxxxxx) [20030424 22:54]:

[ Please Cc: me as I'm not subscribed.  Thanks. ]

Hello,

> addressbook-to-alias

I can comment on this one, since it's my baby.  A quite old one at
that, since it was written in July 1998 (more than 5 years ago).

>       -> Converted all entries but...

Wow, I certainly didn't expect that, considering the possible
changes/extensions to the addressbook format (for reference, the
Perl script was modeled after 3.96).

>       -  Doesn't weed out whitespaces if addresses are spread
>       over multiple lines

Multiline-match is needed...

>       -  Doesn't remove colons if comment is spread over
>       multiple lines

Multiline comment is a recent Pine addition, it would seem.

>       -  Ignores lines starting with '#' even though '#foo' is a
>       valid nickname

Ditto.

>       -  Option '--hook=fcc-hook' produces 'fcc-hook nick fcc'
>       which doesn't seem to work here (is it possible to match
>       against the nickname? Doesn't mutt replace it with its
>       actual addresses before matching is done?)

This was working with mutt 0.x... :)

Bottom line is, the script is pretty much unmaintained, so if
anybody feels up to it, please go ahead and improve.

Peter

--
 Kelemen Péter     /       \       /       \     Peter.Kelemen@xxxxxxx