Re: [ANNOUNCE] 1.5.21 released

On 03-01-2011 12:38:30 +0000, Antonio Radici wrote:
> I'm a bit late, but a quick update:
> both sidebar and compressed folders patches were applied to the Debian
> package, the only thing that I didn't manage to apply was the
> sidebar-new patch, it will require some more work that I can't do ATM.
>
> compressed-folders:
> http://tinyurl.com/compressed-folders
>
> sidebar:
> http://tinyurl.com/mutt-sidebar-1-5-21

Thanks for the notification.  We've had our fixes, and the patches we
have in use for 1.5.21 seem to be working fine for quite some time now:
http://dev.gentoo.org/~grobian/distfiles/mutt-1.5.21-gentoo-patches-r1.tar.bz2

Our Gentoo patches are an aggregation of bugfix commits from Mutt HG's
development branch on top of the last release.  This is just a Mercurial
named branch I have locally here.  I guess we could make that one
available somewhere, so maybe more people can benefit from it.  Next to
this are patches, that live in a mq patchqueue.  This way I can easily
maintain the patches and fix them when code changes.

The first kind of patches is bugfixes that Mutt developers ignore or
don't agree with that they are bugs.
The second kind of patches are the (usually well-known) feature patches
that Mutt developers refuse to include in the source, but need to be
included by popular user's demand.

I took Stuart Henderson's sidebar patch, which is used in the OpenBSD
port.  If there is any interest between "distros" here to cooperate more
closely in any way here (a central place for the latest patches,
maybe?  Some hg clone with just bugfixes backported?), I'm all ears.
More communication like the email I reply to, is also fine with me.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level