Re: [Mutt] #3350: inconsistent handling of key bindings/codes

On Sat, Apr 03, 2010 at 09:36:44PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Apr 2010, Mutt wrote:
> >The problem is that the ncurses library doesn't have a keycode for
> >ctrl+<UP> or ctrl+<DOWN>.  Instead you get a multibyte escape sequence.
>
> That's an extension (mutt could in principle ask ncurses for the binding
> of kUP5 and kDN5).  Use "infocmp -x" to see some of the possibilities.

Can you explain in a little more detail how this is supposed to work?
It was not clear to me which of the following would be true:

1) there is some way to make getch() return a KEY_ constant for
ctrl-<UP>

2) mutt would have to query the termcap entry for kUP5 and internally
convert a user's specification of "\c<up>" to the kUP5 sequence.

me