Re: [Mutt] #3400: mailto url support should be documented

On 2010-04-02 18:29, Jean-Pierre Radley <jpr@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mutt typed (on Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 10:18:41PM -0000):
> | #3400: mailto url support should be documented
> | -------------------+--------------------------------------------------------
> |  Reporter:  pweis  |       Owner:  pdmef
> |      Type:  task   |      Status:  new
> |  Neither the manpage nor the manual mention that mutt can be called with a
> |  mailto url instead of an email address.
>
> Are you possibly making a distinction without a difference?
> Could you help me resolve this by contrasting the specific
> properties of a sample mailto URL and a sample email address?

Addresses are something like example@xxxxxxxxxxxx mailto URLs can be
quite complicated, e.g.

  mailto:example@xxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Hello&body=BODY&attach=local-file

Mutt understands both, but the latter isn't documented. It would also
be interesting to know how conflicts are resolved, e.g. a subject
specified with -s and the mailto URL.

In section 7.3.2 the documentation mentions security implications of
mailto URLs.

Philipp