Re: Problems with IMAP

On Tuesday, 18 August 2009 at 14:35, Aviv Greenberg wrote:
> I'm using IMAP to get my email from my gmail mailbox using mutt
> 1.5.20. It used to work before but now i get "Error opening mailbox"
> after all the headers are fetched, and nothing happens (no emails are
> displayed).
>
> I enabled debug messages (-d 3) - and found this:
> parse_parameters: `charset=utf-8'
> parse_parameter: `charset' = `utf-8'
> 4< a0006 NO Some messages could not be FETCHed (Failure)

mutt requires a subset of headers for every message in the mailbox in
order to render the index (this is partly because of the demands of
threading). So if some messages are missing, mutt gives up on the
mailbox. The only thing you can really do is figure out which messages
are broken and remove them, in another client.

Making mutt work with a partial set of headers is a TODO item but
probably quite some ways away.