Re: [Mutt] #2421: mutt does not show number of or indicator for new

#2421: mutt does not show number of or indicator for new mails for Maildir
mailboxes
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  olaf@xxxxxxxxx  |       Owner:  mutt-dev
      Type:  defect          |      Status:  new
 Component:  maildir         |     Version:  1.5.13
Resolution:                  |    Keywords:

Comment(by pdmef):

 Thinking a bit about this, we might not always need to walk the whole new/
 sudirectory, we could as well use st_size-2 (for . and ..) given the
 underlying FS gives us the number of files in a directory with `stat(2)`.

 I don't know how reliable that is as POSIX leaves it unspecified.

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/2421#comment:5>
Mutt <http://www.mutt.org/>