Re: Quoting of parentheses in regular expressions

Rocco Rutte writes:
> Hi,
>
> * Lars Hecking wrote:
>
> >  The subject line starts with "RC(ci): [string]". Problem is, I cannot get
> >  any combination of "'\ to recognise the parentheses and square brackets
> >  as non-special. E.g. neither of
>
> I think you need to double-escape the brackets:
>
>   save-hook '~s RC\\(ci\\):\ \\[string\\]' +foo
>
> as upon parsing it, mutt strips one level of \.

 That's it! Thanks! Plus the double quotes ...

 save-hook '~s "RC\\(ci\\): \\[string\\]"' =bla

This message and any attachments may contain Cypress (or its
subsidiaries) confidential information. If it has been received
in error, please advise the sender and immediately delete this
message.