Re: Features like Sup

* Noah Slater <nslater@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [07-20-09 22:36]:

> I cannot search for multi-word strings such as "f:noah slater" but
> instead have to encode this as "f:noah f:slater".  The whole syntax
> for specifying queries is awkward and bizarre.  Something more like
> Gmail would be ideal.

sure you can, f:noah,slater  finds "noah" and "slater"
              s:suse=        finds Subject with suse substring

> I am unable to search for "any message with an attachment" which
> infuriates me.

       n:word

       Match word occurring as the name of an attachment in the
       message.  Since attachment names are usually long, this option
       would usually be used in the substring form.  So

               mairix n:mairix=

       would match all messages which have attachments whose names
       contain the substring mairix.

       The  attachment  name is determined from the name=xxx or
       filename=xxx qualifiers on the Content-Type: and

> Any tips would be much appreciated.

read the "man" pages for mairix.