Re: bce and clrtoeol()

On Thursday, July  9 at 07:31 PM, quoth Thomas Dickey:
On Thu, 9 Jul 2009, Kyle Wheeler wrote:

(If it helps, I'm using Apple's Terminal.app... it may not have the greatest BCE support, but surely there's a way to clear things without going the route of *spaces*)

as far as I know, it has no bce support. (Someone sent terminal descriptions for this some time ago, e.g., "nsterm"). iirc, that's the one that sets its $TERM to "xterm-color", which has never had bce...

Ahh. Hm. And if a terminal doesn't support bce, then the only alternative is to fill with spaces? (I'm trying to fix up my copy of nsterm-16color to match what Terminal.app does ("Apple_Terminal" is *awful*, and I already have a few critical fixes implemented).)

~Kyle
--
That it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer, is a Maxim that has been long and generally approved.
                                                  -- Benjamin Franklin