Re: mutt: 9 new changesets

Hi Rocco,

Sorry it took me so long to reply.

Rocco Rutte wrote:  [Fri Jul 03 2009, 06:57:09AM EDT]
> > > http://dev.mutt.org/doc/manual.html#mailcap-search-order
> >
> > Unless I'm missing something, the trio of rules I provided
> > already adhere to those instructions...?
>
> Yes, they do. In that section it's documented that only copiousoutput
> entries are used for the pager and <view-attach> from the attachment
> menu. Using <view-mailcap>, the search order rules described apply. Your
> copiousoutput entry should be last because otherwise it would be the
> first matching entry for <view-mailcap>, too, which would mean you would
> never be abled to use an entry different from the copiousoutput one.

Thanks, I breezed over that on the first read and missed the
view-attach/view-mailcap details.

> I hope this description makes sense. When you know how it works, it's
> easy and clear, but if not... I'm not sure I'd understand what I've
> written in the manual if I didn't know what this was about.

Nah, the explanation looks good to me.  I just read it too
quickly and assumed you were saying something about the order of
the rules.  (I was predisposed to that assumption by the anchor
in the URL...)

Thanks,
Aron