Re: mutt: 9 new changesets

On Thursday, July  2 at 10:51 AM, quoth Aron Griffis:
The idea of this changeset makes sense, but I think the
implementation might be broken.  I have this in my mailcap
(heavily simplified):

text/html; firefox %s
text/html; w3m %s; needsterminal
text/html; w3m -dump %s; copiousoutput

As of 5906:4b5326d8d2ee, when I go into the attachment menu and
hit <enter> on a text/html attachment, it doesn't show up in
firefox, rather mutt uses the copiousoutput entry.  That's what
I want for rendering in the pager but not for the attachment
menu.  Am I missing something?

Yes - you're missing the distinction between the <view-attachment> and the <view-mailcap> functions (admittedly, they aren't well-named). <view-attachment> is what is bound to <enter> in the attachment menu, and it now behaves similarly to what mutt does when viewing messages inline (previously, there was no way to do this). It *used* to behave identically to the <view-mailcap> function.

To restore the original behavior, add this to your muttrc:

    bind attach <enter> view-mailcap

~Kyle
--
There can be but little liberty on earth while men worship a tyrant in heaven.
                                             -- Robert Green Ingersoll