Re: [Mutt] #3271: mutt 1.5.20 regression: not updating time fields

Hi,

* Mutt wrote:
>  I've traced the problem back to cset b080ae086a62, which introduced
>  reset_atime() in the first place, and was the first attempt to fix bug
>  1362.  Is there any support for the behavior prior to this cset, or is
>  this something I'm going to have to maintain in a private patch?

I'm afraid you have to maintain your own patch reverting this if you
can't find other ways to deal with it.

The point is that it's not a new feature because in that case the mutt
way would have been to add stuff but the make old behaviour the new
default, i.e. you wouldn't have noticed it at all. For example, many
users are unaware of the fact that $check_mbox_size exists as result of
turning the compile-time option into a runtime one, because mutt (by
default) continues to use atime vs. mtime to detect new mail.

This is a bug fix and you, as well as some others, have got used to a bug.

As has been said on mutt-dev discussing the change, this "new" behaviour
is default for maildir and mh forever.

Rocco