Re: imap recent

On Monday, June  1 at 10:27 PM, quoth Patrick Welche:
So the first question is, am I missing a new setting in mutt?

No - mutt's current behavior uses both \Unseen and \Recent along with its own header cache in order to be reliable across multiple brands of IMAP servers.

And then how do I tell whether it is a mutt or a cyrus problem?

First, try deleting mutt's cache and see if that helps. If it doesn't, compile mutt with debugging enabled, and then run it with the argument '-d 5'. It will then create a debug-log in ~/.muttdebug0, which will contain a record of the full IMAP conversation. Then we can see what Cyrus told mutt, and whether mutt is doing something intelligent with what Cyrus sent us.

~Kyle
--
No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.
                                                     -- Jascha Heifetz