Re: [Mutt] #2995: Mutt is folding subject line folds using a tab,

#2995: Mutt is folding subject line folds using a tab, which appears to be
against
RFC 2822
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  frnkblk  |       Owner:  mutt-dev
      Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
 Component:  mutt     |     Version:  1.5.17
Resolution:           |    Keywords:  header folding white-space
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------

Comment(by Frank Bulk):

 {{{
 Again, I'm not mutt expert, but how often do you think the composer of
 message "meant" to insert "\t" in their subject line?  Not very often, so
 to make messages readable, I would recommend that for the forseeable
 future all those "\t" are stripped from the subject line so that the
 messages are properly readable, with an option somewhere to revert back to
 RFC-standard behavior.

 Yes, it's pragmatic and not RFC-compliant, but it let's mutt users read
 messages as they were meant to be sent.

 Frank
 }}}

--