Re: IMAP reconnect crash

On Tuesday, February 17 at 05:35 PM, quoth Kyle Wheeler:
    #3  0x000ca55c in mutt_socket_poll (conn=0x18c9000) at
    mutt_socket.c:168

Something else I noticed... mutt_socket_poll relies on conn->bufpos, conn->available, and conn->conn_poll, none of which are reset when a connection gets closed. It seems to me that it ought to test for conn->fd == -1 at the very least. But I don't fully understand the logic of mutt's IMAP socket handling yet, so I may be missing something. Is mutt perhaps attempting to re-use the socket, and simply not reinitializing it correctly?

~Kyle
--
No one will ever win the battle of the sexes; there's too much fraternizing with the enemy.
                                                    -- Henry Kissinger