IMAP timeout during SMTP transmission

I found a situation where mutt can sometimes forget about its connections: when using smtp to send email. Apparently during transmission, mutt forgets about $imap_timeout (or any of the other ones). Thus, if my IMAP server disconnects people who are idle for 10 minutes and it takes 11 minutes to send a long email (e.g. an attachment over a slow modem), mutt will be disconnected.

This wouldn't be as *much* of a problem if mutt didn't insist on crashing every time it reconnects after having been disconnected (it crashes while displaying "Sorting mailbox..."), but that's one I haven't spent the time to isolate yet.

~Kyle
--
Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea---massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it.
                                                      -- Gene Spafford