Problems with Cedric's purge-message patch and 1.5.19

Hi,

I applied Cedric's old (1.5.5.1) trash-folder and purge-message patches
on 1.5.19 and ran into a problem.  The trash-folder patch seems to work
fine, but the purge-message patch doesn't purge.  If I invoke the
purge-message command, it still does a delete to the trash-folder.
Furthermore, the message is marked with a 'D' in the index, not an 'E'.

Note that I applied the patches to 1.5.18 and they worked fine.

Any ideas?

--
Mun