Re: multibyte handling patch

On Sunday, 04 January 2009 at 01:21, Dan Fandrich wrote:
> The latest daily build of mutt fails to link on old systems where
> HAVE_WC_FUNCS is not defined due to missing functions fgetwc, ungetwc and
> fputws.  Attached is a half-baked patch to address this. It's barely tested
> (it compiles fine!) and only attempts multibyte conversion on the output
> side (the get side just uses the non-multibyte functions), but at least
> it's here before the Monday deadline!

Thanks for the quick effort! But I'm not sure right now whether these
patches may do more harm than good. I don't think I want to push them
unless someone weighs in on whether these patches are acceptable on
systems without the wc functions. I'd be much happier with an
fgetwc/ungetwc that reads simple chars and runs them through a
mbrtowc/wcrtomb loop (which mutt already provides). Or maybe we can
just steal code from uclibc or something?