Re: regression between revisions 5546 and 5554

On 20-11-2008 16:24:04 +0900, TAKAHASHI Tamotsu wrote:
> * Wed Nov 19 2008 Fabian Groffen <grobian@xxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > I a similar problem on Cyrus.  I can't access mailboxes that are above
> > my ../INBOX folder, e.g. the ../shared.XXX folder.  Mutt claims the
> > mailbox does not exist, whereas plain 1.5.18 can find the folder fine.
> > The browser can see the folder though.
>
> How do you reproduce it from "mutt -nF /dev/null" ?
> I set up Cyrus IMAPD 2.3.13 with unixhierachysep=1, and I can
> do "mutt -nF /dev/null -f imap://localhost/INBOX.second.third"
> with my patch.

I can't tell you at the moment what you want to know here, but that the
problem only happens for imap://host/shared.folder, where the folder
name is really called "shared.folder".  It isn't a folder subdir of
shared.  I guess the culprit lies in here.

> Do you want mutt to translate "imap://localhost/second.third"
> to "imap://localhost/INBOX.second.third" ? But older versions
> didn't do it IIRC.

I don't desire to translate anything.  I don't care to be honest.  I
just noticed it always uses "/" now when it prints.

> Did you really rebuild imap/libimap.a and mutt?
> Try "make -C imap clean all && rm -f mutt && make mutt"
> after applying the patch if you aren't sure.

I reemerged, which is equal to unpacking the sources, applying your
patch, configure, make and make install.  Cleaner than that, I can't
imagine :)

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level