[Mutt] #3132: askfrom: prompt for from-address before editing the body of an outgoing message

#3132: askfrom: prompt for from-address before editing the body of an outgoing
message
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  pebo              |       Owner:  mutt-dev
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new
 Hi,

 when one has to deal with multiple from-addresses, `alternates` and
 `reverse_name` are a great time-saver. To make the situation perfect,
 there is just one component missing -- `askfrom`. When replying to a
 message `reverse_name` does its job very well, but when composing a new-
 one, you always have to remember changing the From: header through using
 `<ESC>-f` after editing the body. Obviously, I often forget to do this.

 `askcc` & `askbcc` exist and there was even an `askfrom` patch back in
 2002:

 http://www.mail-archive.com/mutt-users@xxxxxxxx/msg28714.html

 but I couldn't figure out why it wasn't accepted back then.

 Thanks,

 Petar

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/3132>