Re: False envelope From saved via fcc when using

On Tuesday, November  4 at 03:58 PM, quoth Thomas Parmelan:
The problem I have is that in this case the saved copy of my sent mails have not the real enveloppe from, but the one derived from the From:.

Mutt doesn't store the envelope from in the saved copy of the message. The envelope is not part of the message any more than the envelope with the stamp on it is part of a letter that your grandma might send you.

Why do you want the saved "sent" message to be something other than was actually sent?

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a real bug ?

You aren't doing anything wrong, nor is it a bug. It seems to be that you're expecting something to happen that is not supposed to happen. It's like saying "I made coffee to drink on my way to work, and filled my car's gas tank with gasoline, but when I got to work, for some reason the gas tank still only had gasoline rather than coffee in it." That's what I would *expect* to be the case; why did you expect the gas tank to magically be filled with coffee? Why did you expect the envelope to be stored in the message rather than the original headers of the message?

~Kyle
--
No nation is permitted to live in ignorance with impunity.
                                                   -- Thomas Jefferson