canonicalizing and de-canonicalizing

Is there some reason that the mutt buffy list is all in canonicalized full-url form? As a bit of a screen real estate hawk, it seems a bit wasteful that when I press 'y', I get a screen full of "imaps://kyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/INBOX/..." - how hard would it be to replace that big long prefix with = ?

~Kyle
--
The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home.
                                                      -- James Madison