Re: regression: attaching files from command line fails

Aron Griffis wrote:  [Thu Oct 23 2008, 10:07:02AM EDT]
> What OS is this?  There are some patches recently in mutt that
> affect cmdline processing, but your example works for me.

My mistake, your example doesn't work for me.  The reason is that
-a accepts multiple attachments, so you need to specify -- before
addresses:

    mutt -a file -- addr </dev/null

Prior to http://dev.mutt.org/trac/changeset/31c9e9727d42 mutt
would scan for a double-dash in the arguments, and would treat -a
differently depending on whether the double-dash was found.  This
was error-prone and inconsistent on different operating systems.
See http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/3097

I hope we don't have to reinstate a hack to pre-detect the
double-dash... Just digs us deeper into the mess of a polymorphic
command-line.

Aron