Re: MB_LEN_MAX has to be more than 5 if mutt uses UTF-8

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 02:34:06PM +0900, TAKAHASHI Tamotsu wrote:

> +    while (mutt_iconv (cd, &ib, &ibl, &ob, &obl, inrepls, outrepl) ==
> (size_t)-1)
[...]
> +      safe_realloc (&buf, len + obl + 1);
> +    }

Is it possible to add some kind of limit condition on this? Call me
paranoid, but I get nervous when I see reallocations in a loop with no clear
limits on the amount of memory it will try to take.

(Consider badly formed messages (deliberate or otherwise) and buggy iconv
implementations.)

--
Paul