Re: [Mutt] #1668: Very irritating error ("bad IDN") when an unknown

#1668: Very irritating error ("bad IDN") when an unknown charset (eg. typo:
"ise-8859-1") is specified

Comment (by pdmef):

 Add patch to validate all charset-related variables when they change. This
 relies on iconv_open(s,s) failing if s an unknown charset and succeeding
 otherwise. This is far less invasive than the last patch sent to mutt-dev
 and doesn't use iconvlist() not implemented in glibc.

 OTOH I'm not really sure if we can safely derive the validity of a charset
 upon the return value of iconv_open().

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/1668#comment:4>