Re: [Mutt] #3074: Mutt hangs indefinitely

#3074: Mutt hangs indefinitely

Comment (by Brendan Cully):

 {{{
 On Tuesday, 01 July 2008 at 20:39, Mutt wrote:
 > #3074: Mutt hangs indefinitely
 >
 > Comment (by jaymzh):
 >
 >  Ping. Anyone have a chance to look at this? Is there any extra data I
 can
 >  provide?

 My guess about ERESTARTSYS is that it's the same value as some other
 error condition -- you could probably read errno.h or one of the files
 it includes and find another name for the value.

 As for the error itself, I am guessing that the problem is a NAT
 router between mutt and the server that is forgetting about the
 connection (but not resetting it). You might be able to work around it
 by lowering your values for timeout and/or to force more frequent
 polling messages across the line, which should act as keepalive
 traffic at the NAT router.
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/3074#comment:>