Re: [Mutt] #3039: wrong/ignored character set for traditional PGP

#3039: wrong/ignored character set for traditional PGP

Comment (by Alain Bench):

 {{{
 Hi Rocco,

  On Thursday, June 12, 2008 at 13:09:27 -0000, Rocco Rutte wrote:

 > As rfc2440 mentions Charset armor header, how about the modification
 > to Tamo's pgp_charsethack.1 patch? It doesn't touch the sending part
 > and doesn't add the option; it only makes mutt properly recognize the
 > Charset: armor header.

     For me, that's a solid step in the good direction. The benefit to
 users will be great, as some widely used mailers happen to create such
 messages. Messages today unreadable with straight Mutt.

     However, if we agree on the consensus that this direction is the
 good one, then why not do some more, or even all, of the required steps?

     I personally don't doubt much that this is the right direction. The
 only glitch is that our local crypto guru, supposed to be the reference
 authority for us all on these matters, is ahum... not completely
 enthusiastic. The reasons Thomas gave didn't convince me, though.

 Bye!    Alain.
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/3039#comment:>