Re: [Mutt] #2897: message counts in mailbox view all zero (IMAP,

#2897: message counts in mailbox view all zero (IMAP, courier)

Comment (by knuta):

 Oh, and in case it wasn't perfectly in my previous comment: Expanding the
 mailboxes list by hand in the config file is a workaround for this
 problem. Simply write your config with full imap URLs everywhere, like
 this:

 {{{
 set folder    = imaps://imapserver/INBOX
 set spoolfile = imaps://imapserver/INBOX.Work

 mailboxes imaps://imapserver/INBOX.Work imaps://imapserver/INBOX.Play
 }}}

 (Do not add the dot at the end of folder= in this workaround. An unpatched
 mutt will add a trailing slash to it internally and become a bit
 confused.)

 Perhaps my patch should be extended to give a warning if using IMAP and no
 trailing slash or other directory limiter is found in the folder= setting,
 instead of just blindly appending a slash? This would probably be helpful
 for people experiencing this problem. Or even better, just normalize all
 inbox strings after reading them, to match the directory limiter of their
 respective IMAPds (all INBOXes are not necessarily on the same IMAPd).

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/2897#comment:13>