Re: [Mutt] #2981: opening a Maildir takes forever

#2981: opening a Maildir takes forever

Changes (by madduck):

  * keywords:  header cache, performance => header cache, performance,
               Maildir, sorting
  * component:  header cache => mutt
  * summary:  header_cache: opening a changed Maildir takes way longer than
              it => opening a Maildir takes forever

Comment:

 I noticed today that this may well be the 'mailboxes' setting; from
 strace,
 every time mutt opens a mailbox, while it says "Sorting mailbox", it
 actually
 stats all other files in my Maildir hierarchy, which sums to several
 hundred
 thousand.

 Could it be that mutt prints "Sorting mailbox" but doesn't clear the
 message
 when it's done, so that it still shows up while it scans all 'mailboxes'
 for
 new mail?

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/2981#comment:4>