Re: [Mutt] #3026: fcc-hook not honoured

#3026: fcc-hook not honoured

Comment (by Alain Bench):

 {{{
 Hi, and thank you for the report.

  On Sunday, February 3, 2008 at 23:01:32 -0000, Mutt wrote:

 > When I hit new mail/reply while being in the folder =ipv6 the Fcc:
 > field in the summary is correctly filled with =ipv6. But when I hit
 > 'y' (send), the message is not saved.

     Because $copy=no means that you don't want to "Save a copy of this
 message?" upon sending. Set $copy to "ask-yes" or "ask-no" to be
 prompted, or to "yes" to always save without question.

 > When I hit 'f' (set fcc) in the summary first, acknowledge the already
 > prefilled value "=ipv6" by just pressing ENTER the message is saved
 > correctly when sending.

     Indeed: When the user explicitly enters an FCC, we can presume he
 wants to save a copy. Mutt then saves without any question, disregarding
 the value of $copy.

 >| folder-hook .     fcc-hook . =Sent
 >| folder-hook =ipv6 fcc-hook . =ipv6

     BTW if you only have *default* fcc-hooks, don't use fcc-hooks at
 all, but set $record instead.

 | folder-hook .      set record=+Sent
 | folder-hook =ipv6$ set record=+ipv6

 >| set charset="utf8"