Re: Little code cleanup

On Sat, Mar 08, 2008 at 03:39:40AM +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

> You missed the point: gcc emits the warning even in the cases where such a
> test is necessary.

Agreed. However, in this case the test is *not necessary*. It serves no
purpose. If someone later coming along changes the code so that mbox isn't
an array, they should add appropriate tests for NULLity.

And frankly, I think the changes of someone changing the code in that way
are almost zero, so you're arguing to keep something which causes a warning
right now, in case we get an incompetent programmer at some random point in
the far future.

--
Paul