Re: [Mutt] #3016: copyright years are not up-to-date

#3016: copyright years are not up-to-date

Comment (by Thomas Dickey):

 {{{
 On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Mutt wrote:

 > #3016: copyright years are not up-to-date
 >
 > Comment (by Moritz Barsnick):
 >
 > {{{
 > On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 23:40:01 -0000, Mutt wrote:
 > >  Many copyright years in source files and in "mutt -v" / "mutt -vv"
 > output
 > >  are not up-to-date...
 >
 > Well, common understanding is at least that if a file wasn't modified
 > this year, neiter should the copyright be. At least that's what I was
 > told.

 That's what I do.  If there's a copyright notice in each file, the
 understanding is that the file's content is separately reusable.
 (This doesn't seem to stop people from removing the copyright notice and,
 for instance, putting a GPL notice at the top ;-)
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/3016#comment:>