Re: unbinding everything

On 2008-01-06 23:00:43 +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> Is there a way to unbind everything?
>
> The problem is that I want to define my own generic bindings such as
>
>   bind generic $ last-entry
>
> but other default bindings are in my way, e.g. $ is sync-mailbox in
> index by default and has the precedence.

I forgot to say that the manual should be fixed in consequence.
It currently says:

   generic
          This is not a real menu, but is used as a fallback for all of
          the other menus except for the pager and editor modes. If a key
          is not defined in another menu, Mutt will look for a binding to
          use in this menu. This allows you to bind a key to a certain
          function in multiple menus instead of having multiple bind
          statements to accomplish the same task.

but if other bindings are not removed, the generic map is useless
(and possibly dangerous if it is used, as after an upgrade or a change
by the admin, bindings defined by the user can silently change).