Re: [Mutt] #2995: Mutt is folding subject line folds using a tab,

#2995: Mutt is folding subject line folds using a tab, which appears to be
against
RFC 2822

Comment (by pdmef):

 Please look up what WSP is in RfC2334 (it's the same as LSWP in the older
 RfC822):

 {{{
 HTAB           =  %x09
                                ; horizontal tab
 SP             =  %x20
                                ; space
 WSP            =  SP / HTAB
                                ; white space
 }}}

 i.e. WSP is either a space or tab character. Mutt does everything correct.

 Though I think a tab is traditionally used, I didn't find evidence that
 any folding WSP is to be treated as SP. RfC822 even says:

   Unfolding is accomplished by regarding CRLF immediately followed by a
 LWSP-char as equivalent to the LWSP-char

 which I interpret as tab for folding indeed means tab in the header.

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/2995#comment:1>