Re: [Mutt] #2988: Mutt should recognize tab (width)

#2988: Mutt should recognize tab (width)

Comment (by Rocco Rutte):

 {{{
 Hi,

 * Thomas Dickey wrote:
 >> In mutt_strwidth() there's a check for printable chars which excludes
 tab
 >> chars resulting in a width of 1. However, this is likely not the
 display
 >> width resulting in wrong wrapping and possibly other undesired effects.

 > It's also important to check for tab, because more than one release of
 > Solaris has some breakage in ctype for this character, categorizing it
 as
 > a printable character...

 Is there some easy way to do that? I've seen that termcap has various
 tab-related entries which could be used to guess more accurately what a
 string looks like on terminal. Or is there such a method already?

 If not, simply assuming a tab is 8 chars wide won't hurt much I think
 (strings should be at worst shorter than they could be).

 Rocco
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/2988#comment:>