Re: [Mutt] #1052: PATCHES gets created out of order

#1052: PATCHES gets created out of order

Comment (by David Champion):

 {{{
 >  Properly keeping the order of patches is only interesting if you're
 >  hacking the source and use some sort of patch queue support, once mutt
 is
 >  installed, it doesn't provide additional info. As far as mutt -v is
 >  concerned, it only matters if a patch is applied or not. (for
 debugging,
 >  bug reports, etc.)

 Conversely, I'd say it's interesting mainly if you're using patched
 builds (whether or not you personally are a source hacker) and you're
 *not* using any kind of patch queue support.  PATCHES, if it listed
 patches in the order they were applied, would be most useful for
 reminding you how to build the next version.

 I've used it that way steadily in the past, remembering that patch order
 is almsot the reverse of what appears in PATCHES.  With Mercurial + mq
 it's less of a problem, but the wishlist item is still justified for
 people building from tarballs.
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/1052#comment:>