Advice needed for new feature implementation

Hi,

I need a user-level function in mutt, exposing the following
functionality:

  mutt_buffy_check(1);
  mutt_buffy_list();

Rationale: I want to be able to forcibly check for new mails on all
mailboxes (and see the results).

AFAICS, mutt_buffy_list() is already "exported" via OP_BUFFY_LIST
(<buffy-list>), but there is no way to invoke mutt_buffy_check(1), other
than waiting for the timeout. There are separate fetch-mail and
imap-fetch-mail, but those do not operate on all mailboxes.

I need your opinion whether such feature would be accepted (if I provide
"sufficiently good" patch).

Also, what name would you suggest for the function?
fetch-all, force-check-list, force-buffy-list, check-new-mail, something
else?

Also, should the function call both buffy_check(1) and buffy_list() or
only the former? (users still can have both in a macro)

Thank you for your time
--
dam            JabberID: dam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx