cd trash folder patch

Has anyone updated the trash folder patch against tip? I applied the
version I had for 1.5.12 or 1.5.13, and it mostly applied except for one
chunk which I fixed by hand.

It seems to work, BUT I get this error if I mark a message deleted and
then un-mark it for deletion:
sync: mbox modified, but no modified messages! (report this bug)

then if I mark it as new or something to change the status, I get:
9797 kept, -1 deleted.
when quitting or changing folders.

Not sure if that's due to me clumsily patching a chunk of flags.c by
hand, or if it's an interaction between code changes and the old version
of the patch (hell - it's possible that this actually affected older
versions of the patch as well).

I was going to submit a bug but then thought to check the trash folder
patch thing before reporting it. Sorry for the noise here, but I'm not
sure anyone on mutt-users will know.