Re: [Mutt] #2958: mutt-1.5.16: mutt crash at start when enabling

#2958: mutt-1.5.16: mutt crash at start when enabling header caching in nsf
directory with a (non-root) install

Comment (by Jiang Qian):

 {{{
 On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 10:06:57AM -0000, Mutt wrote:
 > #2958: mutt-1.5.16: mutt crash at start when enabling header caching in
 nsf
 > directory with a (non-root) install
 >
 > Comment (by Rocco Rutte):
 >
 >  {{{
 >  Hi,
 >
 >  * Mutt [07-09-17 09:36:58 -0000] wrote:
 >
 >  > >  Can you please find out with what database library you've compiled
 >  mutt
 >  > >  with (run 'ldd `which mutt´')?
 >
 >  > For remote machine(on which mutt crashes):
 >
 >  [...]
 >  >         libdb-4.3.so => /usr/lib/libdb-4.3.so (0x401a0000)
 >
 >  > For local machine(where mutt is fine):
 >
 >  [...]
 >  >         libdb-4.2.so => /usr/lib/libdb-4.2.so (0xa7d4c000)
 >
 >  Ok, so BDB on both systems. It would be really useful in tracking the
 >  issue down if you could provide a backtrace with gdb of a crashed mutt.
 >  In addition, if you have time and resources, it would be nice to see if
 >  mutt with gdbm or qdbm works on the remote machine.
 I used gdb to trace it. It says:
 0x402e39ca in funlockfile () from /lib/libc.so.6
 So maybe this has something to do with locking. Now I recall that in
 order to install mutt as non-root in the remote machine, I have to use
 the option
 --disable-external-dotlock
 Otherwise I kept getting complaints about cannot install certain
 things(flock? muttlock?) as non-root.
 By contrast, on local machines that works, I have  --enable-flock.

 BTW, it's nice that the newest mutt have smtp capability, but one thing
 I missed from the days I use ssmtp as agent is that mutt doesn't seem to
 have an option to leave a log for smtp transactions, unless I get a
 terse notice when things doesn't work. It'll be nice if an option is
 given for smtp mail logs.
 Thanks again.
 Jiang

 >  I don't really think it's IMAP related if another mutt installation can
 >  handle the imaps folder (given that both mutt versions are identical).
 >
 >     bye, Rocco
 >  }}}
 >
 > --
 > Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/2958#comment:>