Re: [Mutt] #2958: mutt-1.5.16: mutt crash at start when enabling

#2958: mutt-1.5.16: mutt crash at start when enabling header caching in nsf
directory with a (non-root) install

Comment (by pdmef):

 Replying to [comment:2 Jiang Qian]:
 > > Comment (by pdmef):

 > >  Is there any chance this is related to MD5 and is fixed by changeset
 > >  [c699e5847630]? What types are both machines (little or big endian)?

 > I'm no computer science major. So how do I find out the endianness of
 > the machines? The former is a debian 3.1 on a Xeon machine. The latter
 > is a ubuntu 5.04 on a pentium M machine. Let me know what further
 > debugging I can do.

 It's not endian related as Xeon and Pentium M are little endian.

 Now I re-read your report. I have a couple more questions:

 Does "mbox" really mean the mbox format? If yes: header caching for mbox
 folders is not implemented as it doesn't make sense. Hence mutt can't
 crash for mbox because of header caching.

 Also, are you using the very same header cache on both systems via NFS? If
 yes, then please don't do as 1) pentium M is 32bit and Xeon is 64bit. This
 begs for trouble.

 Can you please find out with what database library you've compiled mutt
 with (run 'ldd `which mutt´')?

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/2958#comment:3>